Jul 16, 2012

Thank You for Smoking (2005) - reviewed


[Nick Naylor and his son arguing about ice cream]
Joey: So, what happens when you're wrong?
Nick: Well, Joey, I'm never wrong.
Joey: But you can't always be right.
Nick: Well, if it's your job to be right, then you're never wrong.
Joey: But what if you are wrong?
Nick: Okay, let's say that you're defending chocolate and I'm defending vanilla. Now, if I were to say to you, "Vanilla's the best flavor ice cream", you'd say …?
Joey: "No, chocolate is."
Nick: Exactly. But you can't win that argument. So, I'll ask you: So you think chocolate is the end-all and be-all of ice cream, do you?
Joey: It's the best ice cream; I wouldn't order any other.
Nick: Oh. So it's all chocolate for you, is it?
Joey: Yes, chocolate is all I need.
Nick: Well, I need more than chocolate. And for that matter, I need more than vanilla. I believe that we need freedom and choice when it comes to our ice cream, and that, Joey Naylor, that is the definition of liberty.
Joey: But that's not what we're talking about.
Nick: Ah, but that's what I'm talking about.
Joey: But … you didn't prove that vanilla's the best.
Nick: I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong, I'm right.
Joey: But you still didn't convince me.
Nick: Because I'm not after you. I'm after them.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I talk. Everyone has a talent.


this movie totally crazy bad-ass.
one of my favorite snce the first time  watched this in the end of 2008 
nuts, satire, funny, out of the box and tottally hipster ( fuck you mainstream)


Jason Reitman made a masterpiece with the synopsis and the storyline.
he strucked your brain with hs ability to make Aaron Eckhart look a great bad-ass father who teach his son with his own lesson.
The pro-kontra between the tobacco organization and the senator is really a great satire comedy until this day. The point of view from Nck when he tried to comunicate and represented his firm makes everyone in that city and hall looks like ridicoulous ,shit AWESOME!
The ability of this lobbyist to spin the situation on TV, to control the dialogue in front of the pers, to be a decision maker, to negotiate and argument somehow is very smart.
tottaly i've watched it 5 times and until this day what i get is just fascinating and speechless.


the black comedy about the 3 of lobbyist who represented their killer organization , thei scheduled meeting, and what they shared to handle their problem is completed the black comedy.
the reporter who try to seduce him to get the information and build her reputation, somehow its works for nick and she dump him after that , tottaly a whore!
how he tried to confince the jury, to spin the fact and save his client and then quit. WOW !


not so many part i could talk from this movie, what i tried to say is, THIS IS THE MOVIE YOU REALLY HAVE TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE !


9,5/10 
a perfect point from me !


bad-ass, open minded, creative, fresh, mind breaker, and SATIRE comedy !
FOUR THUMBS UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY GUEST

selamat datang di teritori kecilku di dunia maya yang sangat luas..membagi sedikit dari 24 jam sehari disini..dengan menuliskan sedikit dari isi pikiran saya.


thanks to all of u...



regards

google search